Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mirrors.

I think I have written a little about this topic before on this blog but I have to do it again. I was reading this blog this morning. In it Christine was talking about some judgement coming her way because of her choices.

The thing is that when people are critical of our choices it is because for some reason we are mirroring back at them their issues. Judgement really has nothing to do with the person being judged. It has more to do with people doing the judging. People spend a lot of time looking at other people's lives to avoid looking at their own. Judgement becomes an addiction like any other. All are things people use to avoid looking at their own issues. Many people have another drink, get high, have sex with a stranger, go shopping or just look at everyone else's life in order to avoid looking at our own lives.

I personally refuse to have my feelings hurt by people who I don't know or who chose to live a different kind of life. We are all unique individuals who make different choices and that is ok. The world would be so boring if everyone was the same.

Come on everyone..join me...let's be nice to each other. Let's be accepting of everyone's differences. Diversity is a beautiful thing!!

xoxo

2 comments:

Liz said...

This is a biggie! (And don't you love Christine's blog - I met her at Squam last fall and she is just as lovely in person.) Tricycle's Daily Dharma nailed this for me last week:

Fault-finding comes from Fear

Whenever we find fault with others, whether through anger, contemptuous certainty, self-righteousness, or gossip, it is often based in fear. We may not be aware of our fears, but when we look deeply, we may discover the fear of rejection, loss of control, of unworthiness, or the fear of disconnection. But refraining alone is not enough—by itself it is just behavior modification—and it is neither healing nor transformative. Only through uncovering and consciously entering into the deep hole inside, welcoming the fear with curiosity and compassion, can we ultimately reconnect with the basic wholeness of our true nature.

- Ezra Bayda,

I'm so with you on this one! I'm ready to feel the fear and give everyone a break:)

Sara said...

That is a great quote, thanks! I agree, lets banish fear. It gets us nowhere.