Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Change is in the air.

I decided to participate in Marianne Elliot's 30 Days of Yoga from early October 'till early November. I have been needing something to get me more focuses and rededicated to my yoga practice. I want to start attending yoga at an ashram near where I am living but while I have made it to meditation and a kirtan there, I have yet to make it to yoga. I am so comfortable doing yoga at home. I am nervous about going to a class. I am nervous about sun salutations and upward dog which always causes huge suffering in my shoulder and neck. I am nervous about not feeling strong enough or flexible enough. I realize it's rather crazy. I have been practicing yoga for a couple years and it is all an individual journey so there is really no such thing as not enough. I am doing this 30 days of yoga to challenge me a little bit and maybe help calm my nerves and get me to the ashram for yoga by the end of November. If I can only stop sneezing non-stop for a few hours every morning then I can get to the morning meditation too. I could really mess up people's silent meditation with the constant sneezing. I am sure they would love me there. :)
In my never ending quest to feel healthier and get more clarity in my life, I am going to also go gluten free and soy free for the 30 days to see what happens. I don't have much soy but gluten is another story. It will be fun to challenge myself to make yummy vegan, soy and gluten free meals. I wonder what I will come up with.
I am hoping and praying that my life starts to move forward and out of this interesting holding pattern it has been in. Spiritually and emotionally I have made huge gains but I want to be working more with people again. I want to be meeting new people in my personal life. I know that all of the work I have been doing on myself will help me to be so joyful in my life as I start to move forward but I am trying to feel some joy during the process too. Maybe all the yoga will help.

No comments: