Friday, July 9, 2010

A little sleep would be nice...

Ok so it's the middle of the night and I can't get to sleep. Maybe it was from the new form of meditation I decided to try this evening. I am not sure but I think I will try it in the morning for the next few days. My cat Benny is pretty upset because he thought he had finally scored my office chair for the night but sorry kitty, not quite yet it seems. A lot of pretty odd things circle around my head on nights like these. Tonight I am feeling really not like myself. I am feeling like I left a huge part of myself somewhere else. I guess basically that I haven't been at all myself for the last couple of years. What the hell happened? Ok I don;t really want to try to figure that out. I really just want to retrieve myself.

My mind wondered to an old friend of mine. We spent a lot of time together and out of the blue he would say he felt like a tortoise, a sloth, a tiger, a bear, a cat, a weasel, or a spineless jellyfish. :) OK maybe I added the last couple just to give myself a little laugh but you get the picture. That got me trying to think about what animal I am these days. Hmm, lets see, assorted road kill maybe? I can feel the tortoise thing myself these days. A bird who hasn't yet learned to fly that is just cheeping away but really know one gives a shit? Ok we are getting closer. Maybe a tiger pacing around in a zoo that is way too small for them?: Oh, or a snake who is just getting ready to shed it's skin so it finds a rock to kind of rub against to get the skin to come off? Yeah, we are getting there. I kinda like the last 2.

So if I'm the tiger....how do I escape this zoo I currently find myself in? If I am the snake....how do I find just the right rock to rub against?

If anyone actually followed this and knows what in the hell I am talking about then let me know and then maybe you can explain it to me.:)

With love, Sara the snake? tiger?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can relate to the not sleeping since I had one of my worst nights sleep ever last Tuesday night when I was in the adirondacks. I felt like I had had coffee right before going to bed but I hadn't and every time I put my head down I felt like I was having an anxiety attack. And onTthursday when hiking Mt. Marcy I felt like I was a snail. But I made it!