Friday, October 15, 2010

Exciting stuff.

It looks like it has been a little while since I have been here. I have been doing a fabulous job with my daily yoga practice. I am feeling better physically than I have for years. I will admit that is not simply from the yoga. The whole gluten free thing is really changing my life. I have done it before but never at the same time as no dairy or other animal products. It is working. I have had absolutely no digestive (I won't give the details and be happy for that) issues in the last 9 days. It is amazing and life changing already. My life has really been so affected by getting sick every time I eat anything. People keep asking me how I have the willpower to stay off of animal products and gluten. Honestly it takes no willpower for me. It is so easy. I have huge ethical, spiritual, and health reasons behind not eating anything accept plant-based food which makes it so easy. As far as the gluten is concerned, the fact that I am not in constant pain is a wonderful incentive.

Feeling better is helping me to see more clearly how I want to start moving forward. I am applying for yoga teaching training at Kripalu in the late winter. I am also applying for a scholarship because there is no way I can afford it right now. We will see what happens. I figure if I am meant to do it then it will work out. I am also really thinking and working on the possibility of returning to my much loved San Diego next spring. I have missed it since I left which I never wanted to do. It has a piece of my heart. I think that one of my dearest friends and I can have a whole lot of fun with our idea of a different kind of healing center place. We have some amazing and very exciting ideas. Yay!! I love thinking about all the fabulous things that the future can bring. I also try to be really mindful of also living in the present and learning the lessons that must be learned while hopefully enjoying it at least a little.

No comments: