Thursday, June 3, 2010

This is why people think I must use drugs.

I took a nap today because I got woken up way earlier than I had planned and I was exhausted. As I was starting to wake up I heard the beep of my cell phone telling me I was receiving text messages. I picked up my phone to look. A friend sent me pics of her very beautiful new paintings. She then called me on the phone to see how I liked them. At one point in the conversation, she said I was being quiet and asked what I was thinking. It went something like this, "Hmm, I am not sure. There were not words attached to it. Wait, I wonder if that is normal. Is that a change or have I always thought without words. It was just pictures. Hmm, I wonder." The response from my friend was, "and you're not on drugs?" I get that a lot.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Sara, this particular entry sums up your life beautifully. Your aura is a delightful juxtaposition of being both keenly "aware" while also seeming to be in a wonderfully abstract drug haze. I often picture you as a character straight out of Alice in Wonderland when we're chatting. Some days you're the mellow catapillar, other days the mad hatter; but you're also ALWAYS sensible Alice. And somehow you manage to do this sans drugs (supposedly) ;)

Sara said...

You are hilarious! Yes, you do speak the truth! Love you!!