Monday, June 21, 2010

My Altar.



Here are some of my favorite things that I currently keep on my altar. It is not all styled perfectly but everything is where it feels like it needs to be. Sometimes the spirit part overtakes where I actually think that something may look prettier. The wooden Ganesh and stone Buddha were brought back from India by my amazing friend Megan. The pottery is made by my mother. I got the rattle from one of my shamanic teachers. It is from Peru. The feathers are from my friend Christia. The stones, or my medicine mesa, are mostly from my childhood rock collection. They are from the Black Hills of South Dakota. The blue cloth is from one of my acupuncture school teachers who first taught me how to do a shamanic journey. The wooden insense holder is from someone who was very important to me for many years. There are also a couple of things given to me by past patients that can not be seen very well in pictures as well as a small bag from Peru given to me by my other shamanic teacher.

Do you have anywhere that you keep things important to you? What are they?

No comments: