Thursday, December 30, 2010

10 things I learned in 2010

1. Just because someone says or thinks something about who I am, what I believe or what I look like does not mean that they are correct. I am not always wrong and everyone else is not always right.

2. I love to cook and I am actually really good at it.

3. At this point in my life gluten is very bad for me. Life is way more pleasant without it.

4. I really do not like living in NY and that is ok.

5. I am strong enough and capable enough to just do my yoga teacher training now and not keep putting it off. Who cares if I can't do handstands, crazy arm balances and often can't even step my leg up while doing a sun-salutation. Eventually I will probably be able to do all of them.

6. I actually deserve to be happy. Everyone does!

7. I don't have to take every opportunity that comes my way out of fear that I will never get another one. If something doesn't feel right I don't have to do it.

8. I really do not like my hair long. I was so joyful over cutting 12 inches off of it and I hope it helps a lot at Locks of Love.

9. I actually deserve to be loved. Maybe that's because I have kind of learned to love myself.

10. I love kirtan and chanting. My heart is more open than I ever knew possible. Who knew that would be so powerful!

No comments: