Sunday, January 23, 2011

Trust and the power of yoga.

Everyday as I lower my body onto my mat and try to quiet my mind I am again reminded of how powerful the practice of yoga is. I notice how much it is helping me to clear things my body has long held onto. Things that no amount of acupuncture, massage, therapy, shamanic work and numerous other things have been able to totally clear. I notice how much is held in my hips and lower back. It holds things like fear, distrust and unworthiness. Things that I am ready to let go. It is such an amazing, powerful practice and I am so grateful for it and so excited about my teacher training starting next month.

3 comments:

Liz said...

How great that you're doing teacher training! This past week I created a little evening ritual of doing at least the pigeon pose every day when I get home from work and I've been amazed at the wisdom my body is releasing through opening my hips. Really powerful for me, so very fun to read this here. Helps reinforce the practice for me:)

Sara said...

I go to Kripalu for a month starting February 20th. I am both excited and nervous. Pigeon is one of my favorites. It is amazing at opening the hips. Glad to hear your having the same type of experience!

Dana55 said...

I totally agree with you! I am also a fan of soulemama and I have a knitting book giveaway on my blog that you may be interested in! Check it out!
http://ballancedmom.blogspot.com/2011/01/book-giveaway.html