Saturday, July 31, 2010

The process.

I can't believe that it has been almost a week since I last posted. Time sure does fly by. I don't think that I have gone into too much detail about the shamanism that I study. I felt like doing that today. I am currently reading this book. My shamanic teacher told me to read it. It is basically the same lineage I am studying. It's nice to see a bunch of stuff written down. It is not a written tradition but I am so visual that it is nice to see some of the words ect. In the book, Alberto Villodo, discusses how the earlier stages of training are about separating the shaman from their individual story and really knowing how we are totally one with everything around us. For some reason seeing it written in that way made something shift in me. I feel like I have a better understanding as to why so much of my past has really been popping up in dreams and in the things that happen to me in everyday life. I really am purging my past. It is coming up so that it can be released. Things and people are showing up in my life so that I can truly deal with my issues, learn from them and then release them. The only way to truly be neutral when working with people is to have released much of our own crap that we all tend to carry around.

One of the biggest things I am noticing is how much people are totally in their heads. There is so much study about different forms of spirituality in our country today. This is a good thing. The thing is that so much of it becomes so intellectualized that it stays all in the mind and not really in the heart. When I first moved to Boulder a few years ago, I was at a little import shop with a friend. I won't go into the entire story as to why but two 40 something women actually started to get into a physical confrontation over who was a more devout Buddhist. Ok ladies, aren't we missing one of the major beliefs in Buddhism, no violence. I mean seriously people. The world is such a fascinating place, isn't it? I will admit that I am noticing these things so much right now because I am really shifting out of that head space and into the heart space. It is so weird how many shifts occur when this happens. I am a lot calmer now. I have more faith that everything is exactly how it is supposed to be at this particular moment in time.

I can feel magical events happening all around me. I am so excited to see where my life will lead. There are big changes in the air. I can't wait!!

No comments: