Friday, July 23, 2010

Staying rooted in the present.



I haven't really wanted to write lately. I haven't wanted to be here in this blog. I really have been projecting myself into the future, so excited about all the possibilities that I have had to try to pull myself back. I have moments of being present. I am present when I practice yoga. I am present when I meditate and connect with the Earth. I am present as I hold my mala beads in my hand and chant. I am also present when I put on my shaman hat and work with people and their spirits. I am thankful for my break from acupuncture right now. It is necessary for me to step into the Earth and the shaman part of me before I can pick up the acupuncture needles and feel better about them.

I was going to say that the problem is that all the rest of the time my head is in the clouds. But isn't there something about your head being in the clouds and your feet firmly planted in the Earth. Maybe that is where I am these days.

No comments: