Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cows.

I bet you are wondering about why I am calling this post cows. Weird name, huh? One of the things I am working on right now is to start seeing the love or nectar that is in my life and really appreciate it. I am basically a pretty positive, non-depressed person but I am always focused on healing and clearing old stuff out of me. I am always working on one thing or another. I am rather a workaholic but not in a way that makes me much money at this point in my life. So anyway, I am switching my awareness and seeing the beauty in everything.
Last night when I was trying to get to sleep, I had a flash of the cows I used to pass when I ran in High School. My family was living in Belgium. I was super unhappy with my body so I did a lot of running. I was always focused on getting skinnier and basically running away from everything that was going on at home. Last night I really saw the beauty in running through the Belgian farmland. The cows lounging around everywhere that would watch me as I ran. My neighbors had a donkey that I always stopped to say hi to.
Last night before I went to sleep, I changed that memory of self-loathing and escape to one of love and peace. I could practically smell the earthy, wet, Belgian smell. I could feel the pavement under my feet. I could feel the love for those beautiful animals whose suffering I am no longer a part of because I don't consume any animal products.
I pray that we can all release those old negative ways of feeling and living and step into the love and light that the new world has to offer.

No comments: