Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wimpy dogs and other thoughts.




I have really been feeling like going camping lately. I have been having a hard time making myself take the time out and wasn't sure where to go. I decided to do a little backyard camping. It was going to be a warm couple of nights. The dogs were not that enthused but they like to be where I am so I kept them out with me. They both begrudgingly stayed out there. At about 2am the wind started picking up and Sadie woke me up whining. She had enough and when I opened the tent to make sure the fly was on in case it started raining, she made a run for the back door begging me to let her inside. I gave up and we went in.
Oh well, at least I got a little time out in nature, sort of. For a couple of days while the tent was still up I got to hang out there and read during the day. Now I really need to actually go camping!!

I think that one of the most important things I have been learning lately is about being connected to nature. That is what the shamanic study is giving me. Sometimes I waffle back and forth about what I want to study and with whom but then I think of my growing connection to the land, the trees, and all the plants and I know that I am doing the right thing. I still get hives and welts from touching a lot of the plants but maybe that will go away. My shamanic teacher said that was about my not feeling safe and feeling like I am being attacked by some unseen force so my body is hypersensitive to everything. It makes sense on a certain level. I don't consciously spend a lot of time worrying about my safety but I do know that I have a hard time trusting. Trusting people, trusting the Universe, trusting just about everything. I can feel that shifting now. I wonder where it will lead?

There are a lot of things I don't know. Infinitely more than I do know but one thing I am working on is to do a little less thinking and a lot more just being. We will see how that goes.

No comments: